One of the largest programs offered at The Arc of Fort Bend County is our Special Olympics Program. Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for people with intellectual and related developmental disabilities. Participating in Special Olympics gives the athletes opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Volunteers Are Always Needed
Volunteers and coaches are always needed. Athletes for unified sports are also needed. Unified sports include athletes with and without disabilities.
Contact Pam Hollaway if interested: email@example.com
Who is eligible to participate?
The Arc of Fort Bend County Special Olympics Delegation is designed for post-high school adults who must also be identified by an agency or professional as having one of the following:
- A medical diagnosis of Intellectual Disability.
- Closely related development disability, which means having functional limitations in both general learning and in adaptive skills such as recreation, work, independent living, self-direction, or self-care.
- Athletics (track and field during spring/summer)
- Aquatics (during summer/fall)
- Bocce ball (during summer/fall)
- basketball (during spring/summer)
- Bowling ( during September – May)
- Softball ( during summer/fall)
- Volleyball ( during fall/winter)
- Golf, by invitation only
- Soccer ( during spring)
- Tennis ( February-April, September-November)
How do I sign up to participate as an athlete?
All athletes must complete the Athlete Registration & Release Form to be eligible to participate. The Athlete Medical Form (Health History) must be completed and signed by the athlete’s medical doctor. Click here for the Athlete Registration & Release Form and Athlete Medical Form (English) or Spanish. Return all completed forms to Pam Hollaway at:
What are the fees?
Each athlete must join The Arc of Fort Bend County. Join online by clicking here.